3M Cloud Library becoming Cloud Library
About a year ago, the 3M Library Section merged with another company, Bibliotheca. 3M Cloud Library is one of the products involved. They have been slowly moving to new servers, etc, but now it is actually time to update the product name and app icon. Exact dates not yet known, current timeline is:
- Mobile apps & ChromeBooks – week of Sept 19th.
- Computer software – week of Oct 3rd.
|The name of the app will become just “Cloud Library” and the icon will change to this new art. You may see the name Bibliotheca in “about us” sections of the app. No functionality will change. Checkout, browse, reading will all remain the same.|
What do I need to do?
Update your software or app when the new version for your device is available.
- Android, iOS (iPad/iPhone), ChromeBooks– update your app when prompted by the device.
- Computers (Windows or Mac) – the software will notify you that it has downloaded the new version the first time you open it after the update. Closing & reopening your software should allow it to finish installing.
- Kindle Fires – due to the way these devices work, you will need to uninstall the app and download a fresh copy. We will post further notes when the new version is available.